Too much pie to eat? Just drink it up!

Alright, so this idea might be due to too much booze.  Or too little booze.  Whatever the case, it’s not the exact amount of booze that I needed.  But I started thinking that after the holidaze, sometimes you have just had your fill of pastries, and sweets, and candy, and — well, you get the picture.  So I think this is what brought this recipe about.  That, plus booze.

I’m sure some folks have thought about something like this.  Whether it be some hazy lapse of judgement, or hunger, or boredom, or you might just be reminiscing about the “Super Bass-o-matic ’76“, or maybe you just got a blender for Christmas and are just looking for stuff to pulverize. . . or all of the above.  To me, coming up with something like this isn’t too weird.  For example, I’ve made “cake soup” before — that’s where you mash up some slightly melted ice cream and a slice of cake together (don’t judge!).  After my post on Cheez-its and Rum, are you surprised?

So again, this isn’t all that scientific.  I had a couple of slices of my Apple-Rhubarb-Ginger Pie, some milk, and I added some yogurt and oatmeal to make it healthy. . . at least healthier. . . or rather, less unhealthy.  Here’s what you need:

• 2  slices of pie, whatever you have around is fine
  • 2 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 c. yogurt
  • 2 T. steel-cut oats

Place the oats in the blender and blend until fine.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.  You can adjust as you see fit.  A little kiss of bourbon is nice in this, but then again, when isn’t it 🙂

9 thoughts on “Too much pie to eat? Just drink it up!

Karla said:
    January 24, 2012 at 10:06 am

” A little kiss of bourbon is nice in this, but then again, when isn’t it”
    Haha! So true!
    You made my morning!

January 24, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I totally love this!
    I actually got a Vitamix for Christmas and have been obsessed with it pulverizing everything as you mentioned! And I love a little rum (or Kahlua) in my drink!

January 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I love it. A kiss of bourbon is always welcome.

Bluejellybeans said:
    January 25, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I’m loving this idea… know I have to go and bake something to produce the leftovers 😉

sportsglutton said:
    January 25, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I’m laughing and loving this idea all at the same time. Great stuff.

rationingrevisited said:
    February 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm

BRILLIANT… bet you cant make that work with steak and potato pie lol …..// contemplates the right type of booze to accompany an apple or pear crumble//

February 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm

will never know until you try! but i am hesitant to try a meat shake 🙂