January Foodie Holidays

Here's Cooper and Daisy with the monthly holiday announcements!

It’s good to be back after taking a little bit of time off for the holidays.  So I do apologize that this is a day late.  Hopefully all the hangovers and “bad-decision juice” has been worked out of everyone’s systems.  But with all the focus on physical recovery and recuperation, let’s not forget all those National Holidays that are taking place this month (there is another “National Pie Day” this month on the 23rd; the other one was last month).  I know when we think of January, New Year’s Day is always on everyone’s mind.  It is also National Hot Tea Month, National Oatmeal Month, National Slow Cooking Month, and National Soup Month.  Here are some of the National Holidays that we should be celebrating this month:

Buffet Day, Cream Puff Day

Chocolate Covered Cherry Day

Spaghetti Day

5  Whipped Cream Day

Shortbread Day

Tempura Day

8  English Toffee Day

Apricot Day

It's obvious these two don't get along! At least they're cute when they're trying to stay warm

10  Bittersweet Chocolate Day

12  Marzipan Day

13  Peach Melba Day

14  Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day

15  Strawberry Ice Cream Day

16  Fig Newton Day

18  Peking Duck Day (yum!)

20  Buttercrunch Day, Cheese Lover’s Day

21  Granola Bar Day

22  Blonde Brownie Day

24  Peanut Butter Day

25  Irish Coffee Day

26  Peanut Brittle Day

27  Chocolate Cake Day!

28  Blueberry Pancake Day

29  Cornchip Day

30  Croissant Day

31  Popcorn Day

8 thoughts on “January Foodie Holidays

January 2, 2012 at 10:01 am

Cool. I’ll have. To refer to this list throughout the month!

I especially like peanut butter day!
    Hope you had a Happy New Year’s celebration, Jereme!

January 2, 2012 at 10:41 am

Hot pastrami sandwich day, woo hoo!

Susan said:
    January 2, 2012 at 11:10 am

Oh. My. God. Puppy cuteness overload! Peking duck day? Seriously?? Awesome.

sportsglutton said:
    January 2, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Like I said in December…I never knew there was something to celebrate each day of the month. I’m now relying on you to inform me about every month’s happening. 😉

Cara said:
    January 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Really though? The puppies are the cutest things ever and you knew that we would all just melt upon looking at them! I’m jealous…

Eggton said:
    January 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm

These are WAY BETTER than national squirrel week (last week or this week, I forget.) I saw that in the Washington Post and was like EW GROSS WHY ARE WE DOING THIS.

January 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm

these holidays are definitely more fun that national squirrel week, not that there’s anything wrong with squirrels 🙂