Smoked Fish Dip #1

I know I did this a little bit backward, but here is my Smoked Fish Dip #1.  Sure, I posted to #2 recipe first, but like I said before, that one isn’t as strong with the “tang”.  This one is my favorite of the two just because the flavors are bigger — the ratio of smoked fish:cream cheese is higher, there’s some tang from the sour cream, lemon juice, and capers; and there’s some heat from the horseradish.  The instructions are pretty much the same as the other recipe.

What's that? Can I have some?

Here’s what you need:

• 6 oz. smoked fish
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 T. lemon juice
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 t. horseradish
  • 1 T. capers
  • fresh dill, to taste

Coarsely chop the fish; if you like a smoother dip, chop the fish into smaller bits.  In a bowl, beat the cheese until nice and creamy.  Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.  Add the horseradish, capers, dill and mix well.  Fold in the fish.  You can let this sit for an hour or so if you like, but it is ready to serve.

I can help you finish that!

7 thoughts on “Smoked Fish Dip #1

December 5, 2011 at 11:14 am

Seriously looks great and that’s one great looking dog too!

December 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Daisy always get interested whenever I start taking pics of food.

sportsglutton said:
    December 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I guess neither humans nor man’s best friend can refuse this dip!

December 5, 2011 at 9:23 pm

That dog is always hungry! But then again, most dogs are.

December 5, 2011 at 2:46 pm

This sounds great! I bet it would be wonderful on some bagels!

Stacey said:
    December 7, 2011 at 8:32 am

Wow. That looks delicious and perfect to take to holiday parties. Thanks for stopping by Spatoola.