Day: October 14, 2011
I admit that I had been putting off writing about this award for a couple of weeks, mainly because I was trying to figure out how to best fulfill the requirements of what this award entails. Plus I really have not been feeling well, not that that’s a good excuse. Now I’m not sure I can list “award-winning chef and author” on my resume, but anything helps in this current job market. And I send a sincere thanks to Blue Jellybeans for passing the award on to me.
The rules of the award are as follows: 1) list seven things about yourself; and 2) pass the award on to 15 others. So let’s begin. Seven things about myself. . .
- I am a stickler for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I’m sure that is difficult to see given all the weird vernacular and idioms that I use constantly, ya reckon?
- I am a firm believer in “retail therapy”. Sometimes you really can buy yourself a little happy. . . sometimes
- Along those lines, I am a sucker for anything that is a “gift with purchase”. You mean that all I have to do is spend $50 to get your $2 tote bag? I am on it!
- I am willing to try anything once. Except maybe seal eye balls and lutefisk (really? fish soaked in poison?)
- When I am sick, one of the things I tend to do is clean. Like a get-down-on-your-hands-and-knees-and-scrub-with-a-toothbrush kind of clean. Of course, if I am too sick, I usually just lie down on various surfaces in the house and just moan. Maybe that’s how I figure out what needs a good cleaning!
- I have a background in music.
- There are certain movies that I will watch without fail if I find that they are on TV. These include: Notting Hill, 50 First Dates, While You Were Sleeping, any of the “good” Star Treks, and any of the Lord of the Rings movies.
- I am a Gator, Seminole, and a Spartan (in that order, although I did go to Florida State first), and I’m begrudgingly considering becoming a Wolverine (ugh!). But really, I love any obscure college team (Go Fighting Okra!)
I guess I did an extra one there. Lo que sea. And now to pass the award on! These are some of the blogs that I read on a regular basis (and these are in alphabetical order), but I know of several that have been nominated already. If I know that they’ve been nominated, I decided to try to pass this on to someone new. Some of these folks I’ve been following for some time now. Some I just started following, and then I realized, I read a lot of their stuff anyway, so why not subscribe? Here are my 15+1 nominees:
- Aubergine & Butterbean
- Clever Muffin
- Cooking is Life!
- Frugal Feeding
- Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide
- Savory Simple
- Sensible Lessons
- Simply Breakfast
- Syrup and Biscuits
- Tart to Heart
- The Answer is Always Pork
- The Hungry Artist
- The Little Loaf
- The Wholesome RD
Happy Blogging everyone!