I’m in shape. . . “round” is a shape, right?

I think the "October" plate adds a nice touch of class.

I am sick.  And when I am sick, several things can happen.  These may include:  1)  my social filter switching to “off”; 2)  impulse control going out the window; and 3)  delirium.  So I’m thinking all three played some role in my thinking that posting this would be a good idea.

Anyhoo, I have found my new favorite recipe.  It’s so simple and easy to do.  Now I don’t recommend this for everyone, but if you’re feeling like I do right now, this might be just the thing for you.  Here’s what you need:

1.  Place handful of Cheez-its in mouth.

2.  Add rum.

3.  Enjoy!  Repeat as necessary.

Notes — This is just like that old staple of wine and cheese — except that there’s no wine and no cheese. . . I wouldn’t recommend a spiced rum for this.  I don’t think the flavor profiles would work well with the Cheez-its.  And it would be best if the rum had some age to it, but don’t go wasting some 30-year-old stuff on this recipe. . . Pretzels might work in a pinch, but I like the more diverse tastes you get from the Cheez-its

16 thoughts on “I’m in shape. . . “round” is a shape, right?

October 10, 2011 at 10:20 am

Ha ha, great recipe!
    I grew up eating boxfuls of CheezIts (sans rum of course). This post made me nostalgic.

October 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Great point — cheezits are fabulous without rum too!

October 10, 2011 at 10:39 am

Probably the most creative recipe I’ve seen on a food blog. Hope you feel better.

October 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm

no cooking needed, no utensils needed. . . no problems!

Aimee@clevermuffin said:
    October 11, 2011 at 5:54 am

I was on here at 9pm looking for cookies to make – but I’m thinking that this recipe really is on the money. Step three being imperative. Love your work!

October 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm

i think this recipe will become a family heirloom of mine. thanx for the visit!

Aimee@clevermuffin said:
        October 15, 2011 at 12:43 am

Your great-great-grand kids will love it!

Kristy said:
    October 14, 2011 at 11:29 pm

This reminds me of my husband. He swears by cheap red wine and Xtreme Cheddar Goldfish. 🙂 I hope that you feel better. And your title totally reminded me of a Sunny in Philadelphia episode – “cultivating mass.” We have a running joke going about that at home right now too. 😉

October 14, 2011 at 11:45 pm

i always try to catch an episode but always miss it. i will have to try the red wine and goldfish!

Murdercakes said:
    October 15, 2011 at 1:41 am

Sorry you’re feeling sick. Hope you get well soon!

October 16, 2011 at 12:07 am

thankfully i am feeling somewhat better, but not 100% yet

softa123 said:
    October 16, 2011 at 9:29 am

roflmao!!! This has got to be the best recipe yet, but I think I’ll substitute a nice cup of wine for the rum as I’m allergic to it! I absolute LOVE Cheezits! When I was in high school, which was just yesterday (don’t I wish!), I used to have two bags of Cheezits, an ice cream sandwich and a coke. Now that’s what I call good nutrition!

I hope you are feeling better today, Jereme and I want to thank you for visiting my blog! I’m glad you liked it.

Love,
    Softa123

October 16, 2011 at 10:11 pm

luckily i am not allergic to rum. i luv your lunch / after-school snack! i think i’ll serve that at thanxgiving 🙂

1girlspointofview said:
    October 29, 2011 at 1:56 am

This is currently my favorite post 🙂

Patti said:
    December 14, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I better write this recipe down!